Leftovers: Chicken Enchiladas
Author: Ashley Recipe type: Dinner
Prep time: Cook time:
Total time: Serves: 6-8
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken with all the meat picked off and shredded.
- 1 pack small tortillas (you need 16-18) If you use corn tortillas this recipe is gluten free.
- 2 cans of your favorite enchilada sauce or one can of enchilada sauce and on can/jar taco sauce.
- 4 oz Cream cheese softened
- 1 8 oz bag of shredded cheese, divided into two equal portions.
- 1 small onion diced finely (optional)
- Toppings of your choice: sour cream, salsa, guacamole or diced avocado.
- Start off with your shredded chicken in a mixing bowl.
- Add all of the onion, approximately ⅓ of the enchilada sauce, and half of the shredded cheese to your chicken. Mix well.
- Pour just enough enchilada sauce into the bottom of your baking dish to leave a thin layer.
- Spread approximately 1 tsp of cream cheese onto a tortilla.
- Fill to desired amount with chicken mixture.
- Roll tortilla.
- Place in baking dish with the seam down so it does not unroll. repeat with tortillas until chicken mixture is gone, (approximately 16-18 enchiladas)
- Arrange as needed to fill the baking dish.
- Cover with remaining enchilada sauce and top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.