To-Go Baked Oatmeal with Your Favorite Toppings
How to make the perfect to-go oatmeal muffin snack! Found this recipe at: http://thewholesomedish.com/go-baked-oatmeal-favorite-toppings/
By: Amanda Finks
Serves: 16 Prep time:
Cook time: Total time:
To-Go Oatmeal Recipe
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1½ cups skim milk (or whatever milk you like)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Optional: your favorite toppings (fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper or paper/foil muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add the applesauce, milk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined. Stir in the oats and baking powder.
- Fill the muffin tin with ¼ cup of the oat mixture in each muffin cup. Add your favorite toppings. Push the toppings down into the oat mixture with a spoon.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes before eating. Store in an airtight container or freeze in a zip top storage bag.
Don't skip the muffin liners in this recipe
Serving size: 1 plain oat muffin Calories: 170 Fat: 5.3 Saturated fat: 0.7 Carbohydrates: 28.2 Fiber: 1.9Protein: 3.5