Skip Chipotle and try these burrito bowls right at home. It’s easier, healthier and 10000x tastier!
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup salsa, homemade or store-bought
- 3 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chipotle paste*
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more, to taste
- To make the chipotle cream sauce, whisk together sour cream, chipotle paste, garlic, lime juice and salt; set aside.
- In a large saucepan of 1 1 /2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; let cool and stir in salsa; set aside.
- To assemble the bowls, divide rice mixture into serving bowls; top with lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with chipotle cream sauce.
*2 tablespoons chipotle peppers, in adobo sauce, can be substituted for chipotle paste.
See the source for more tips & delicious foodie photos: http://damndelicious.net/2014/09/10/easy-burrito-bowls/