Greek Salad With Quinoa- Great Vegetarian and Gluten-Free Dish
Spice up your salad with this yummy but healthy addition. Quinoa is a great source of a complete protein. So this is a great vegetarian and gluten free dish. If you wanted it to be vegan just leave out the cheese.
Let us know if you try it @ArcherBrighton.. it’s great!
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 cups of cooked Quinoa (according to package directions)
- 1 cup of halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 5 mini sweet red or orange peppers sliced (or 1 red or orange bell pepper)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves (about 20 small leaves)
- 4-6 oz crumbed feta cheese (reserve about 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- To make dressing:
- combine all ingredients in a covered shaker with a lid (like a canning jar)
- Shake to combine
- To make salad:
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl (except dressing and reserved feta)
- Toss to combine
- Drizzle on dressing to taste (You may not use it all) and toss.
- Garnish with reserved feta.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Note: I liked it best on the 1st day.